he Bulldogs were also missing freshman Lama | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
MJL456
MJL456 Sep 9
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping . -- Jalen Hurd recovered quarterback Joshua Dobbs overtime fumble in the end zone and No. 9 Tennessee overcame a 10-point halftime deficit to escape with a 20-13 victory over Appalachian State on Thursday night.Tennessee faced third-and-goal from the 2 when Dobbs ran to his right and lost control of the ball as he tried to stretch his arms across the goal line. Hurd won the scramble for the loose ball in the end zone to give the Volunteers their only lead of the night.Micah Abernathy ended the game by breaking up a pass into the end zone on fourth-and-5 from the 20.Tennessees comeback prevented Appalachian State from producing another shocker nine years to the day after the Mountaineers stunned No. 5 Michigan in one of the greatest upsets in college football history.The Vols tied it on Dobbs 67-yard touchdown pass to Josh Malone with 10:30 left in regulation. Appalachian States Michael Rubino, who earlier missed an extra point, was wide right on a 42-yard field goal attempt with 5:24 remaining.Rubinos miss wasted a 57-yard punt return by Jaquil Capel that gave Appalachian State the ball at the 28.Tennessee entered the season with its highest ranking since 2006 after winning its final six games last year, but the Volunteers looked nothing like a Top 10 team Thursday. The Volunteers committed two turnovers and lost linebacker Jalen Reeves-Maybin to a targeting penalty in the first half as Appalachian State built a 13-3 lead.Cam Sutton fumbled on a punt return and Appalachian States Alex Gray recovered at Tennessees 36 to set up the first touchdown, a 5-yard keeper from Taylor Lamb barely four minutes into the game. Appalachian States other touchdown came in the second quarter on a 33-yard completion from Lamb to Marcus Cox, who also rushed for 115 yards.THE TAKEAWAYAppalachian State: The Mountaineers had lost by at least 28 points in each of their six meetings with Power Five teams since that Michigan game, but they showed Thursday that they could compete with college footballs big-name programs. Appalachian State refused to get pushed around and kept Tennessees offense out of the end zone for the first 49 1/2 minutes.Cox, who has rushed for over 1,200 yards each of the last three years, showed he can run effectively against any team from any conference.Tennessee: The Vols vowed they werent overlooking Appalachian State and werent distracted by sky-high preseason expectations, but something was clearly missing Thursday. Tennessee didnt bear any resemblance to the team that ended the 2015 season on a six-game winning streak.The biggest question surrounding Tennessee during the offseason was whether it could add efficiency and explosiveness to its passing attack. That area remains a major concern.UP NEXTAppalachian State: The Mountaineers have their home opener Sept. 10 against Old Dominion. Appalachian State must avoid looking ahead to its Sept. 17 home game with Miami.Tennessee: The Volunteers face Virginia Tech at the Bristol Motor Speedway. The Sept. 10 Battle at Bristol is expected to draw over 150,000 fans, which would mark the largest recorded attendance for a college football game. Cheap NFL Jerseys . Hey!" The lower tier of the School End of Queens Park Rangers Loftus Road was packed solid with a very festive-sounding Chelsea choral section in this particular part of South Africa Road London, W12. Wholesale Jerseys China . - The Oakland Raiders re-signed offensive lineman Khalif Barnes on Friday. http:///...ncisco-49ers-jerseys . Having already announced that the race will start May 9 with three stages in Northern Ireland and Ireland and finish in Trieste on June 1, the rest of the route was unveiled Monday. STARKVILLE, Miss. -- I.J. Ready had 14 and Aric Holman added 13 to lead Mississippi State to a 65-59 win over Northwestern State on Monday night.Ready and Holman combined for 10 of the Bulldogs last 12 points. Northwestern States Zeek Woodley made 5 of 9 on 3-point attempts, and finished with 28 points.Readys two free throws put Mississippi State up 55-54 with 4:05 remaining in the second half and the Bulldogs never trailed again.I am really happy we got the win and we were obviously short-handed tonight, said Mississippi State head coach Ben Howland. We started out in a zone because I was worried about getting in foul trouble. We didnt shoot the ball well either and you never expect Tyson (Carter) to go 0 of 7 (on three pointers). But I am proud of the way Eli Wright defended and rebounded and we just hope to get healthier.In his first college start, Wright scored a career-best 11 points and also led the Bulldogs with seven rebounds.Right before the game Coach Howland came to me and told me I would be starting, said Wright, who was 4 of 5 from the field. I was glad to take advantage of the chance they gave me. I did okay but I couldve been more aggressive. Coach Howland told me to key on my rebounding so I have tried to progress on that.The Demons jumped out to a 14-4 lead in the first six minutes as both teams struggled offensively in the first half. Mississippi State responded with an 18-6 run to take a 22-20 lead after a dunk by Tyson Carter.The first half finished with the Bulldogs and Demons deadlocked at 28-28. Mississippi State shot 40 percent and missed all nine three-pointt attempts in the first half. Cheap Tennessee Titans Jerseys. .For the game, Northwestern State shot 38.9 percent from the field and made 9 of 21 three pointers. The Demons also out-rebounded Mississippi State 33-31.I am really proud of our kids coming in and competing against a bigger and quicker team, said Northwestern State head coach Mike McConathy. Our Achilles heel was our turnovers and they got 26 points off our (19) turnovers.Mississippi State has 13 turnovers and shot 46.2 percent for the game. The Bulldogs made just 2 of 15 three points and made 15 of 20 free throws.BIG PICTUREMississippi State: Already without leading scorer Quinndary Weatherspoon, the Bulldogs were also missing freshman Lamar Peters on Monday. That resulted in Eli Wrights first career start while walk-on guard Nick Singleton also received his most significant minutes of the year. Singleton finished with five points, his first points of the season.Northwestern State: Mondays contest in Starkville continued the Demons tough non-conference slate, particularly against the SEC. The Demons opened the season against Texas A&M and then faced Oklahoma. The Demons have also faced Missouri this season and have now lost all three outings against the SEC this season.UP NEXTMississippi State: The Bulldogs continue their five-game homestand on Thursday against Oregon State. It will mark the Beavers first time to play at Humphrey Coliseum.Northwestern State: The Demons return home Thursday against LSU-Shreveport. Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2019 White NFL Jerseys Cheap China Womens NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo NFL T-shirts From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo Cheap NFL Womens Jerseys Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '