all of last season following shoulder surgery | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
MJL456
MJL456 Dec 6
ORCHARD PARK, N. Shox Outlet .Y. -- Marcell Dareus is confident he can finally begin focusing on playing football after the Bills star defensive tackle spent a four-game suspension confronting personal issues ?? including attention deficit hyperactivity disorder -- that were holding him back.Im happy to be back, and Im a better person, Dareus said Wednesday, after rejoining the Bills for practice for the first time in six weeks.I really feel I got exactly what I needed. I really sought out help when I never really asked for it, so I can take the proper steps to really help myself be the person that I want to be.Dareus understands the onus is on him after being disciplined by the NFL for violating the leagues substance abuse policy for a second consecutive season.Talk is cheap, Dareus said, reiterating a comment he made in August, when first addressing news of his suspension. Its not about words. Its all action now.Dareus revealed he did not enter a rehabilitation facility, as he initially said he would when being excused from the team on Aug. 20.Instead, Dareus sought consultation from a life coach and leaned on the advice of several Bills Hall of Famers, including defensive end Bruce Smith.Dareus acknowledged one unresolved personal issue was ADHD, which hes struggled with since his college days at Alabama. He also said he received positive reinforcement from people who dont want anything from me.The Bills top-paid player previously complained hes tried to avoid returning home to Alabama because of various distractions.Im just happy with what I did over the four weeks. I really was proactive, Dareus said. Im really optimistic of the future.The first step takes place on Sunday, when Buffalo (2-2) travels to play Los Angeles (3-1).Though Dareus is on Buffalos exempt list, coach Rex Ryan fully anticipates him to be activated by the end of the week.You hope that they learn from the mistake that they make, thats the first thing, Ryan said.And then you hope that hes ready to go and hes eager and excited about the opportunity to come back and be part of this football team. And I can tell you right now the answer is yes. So its a great thing. Im happy to get him back, I can promise you that.Dareus is a two-time Pro Bowl selection and has been a starter since Buffalo selected him with the No. 3 pick in the 2011 draft.At 6-foot-3 and 331 pounds, Dareus has been a disruptive force in the middle because of his strength to shed blockers and is also quick on his feet.Off-field issues have been the only concern involving Dareus.Though the NFL did not reveal the reason behind the suspension, Dareus said it was because of a missed drug test.His one-game suspension last year stemmed from Dareus being charged with possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia after being stopped by police in his native Alabama in May 2014.The charges were dropped when Dareus agreed to enter an NFL substance abuse program.Also in May 2014, he was arrested after crashing his Jaguar into a tree near a busy suburban intersection not far from the teams practice facility. Dareus reached a plea agreement to have the charges dropped.Dareus declined to discuss his past by saying he wants to move forward.He rejoins a defense thats started showing signs of establishing an aggressive identity , and a team thats won two straight following a 16-0 win at New England on Sunday.The Patriots were limited to 277 yards, 13 first downs and blanked at home for the first time since 1993.In a 33-18 win over Arizona a week earlier, the Bills had five sacks and forced five turnovers.Dareus said the worst part of being suspended was watching the Bills play without him.Oh, man, it was a killer, bro, he said. It ate me up inside.Dareus said hes in good shape and is up for playing as many snaps as possible.Coach and them dont want me to kill myself, Dareus said, referring to Ryans plan of easing him back. Im pretty eager to get out there. I have a lot of pent-up aggression. Im ready to go, I can say that much.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL Buy Nike Shox . Walcott is available for Saturdays home match against Southampton as Arsenal looks to extend its two-point lead at the top of the Premier League. The Gunners are currently the second highest scorers in the league but Wenger insists Walcott will add something extra to his team. Cheap Nike Shox Sale . -- Whether Jeremy Hill deserves a prominent role in LSUs offence this early in the season is a matter for debate. http://www.shoxnikesalecheap.com/ . -- James Young couldnt wait to apply those tweaks to his jump shot, and the first one he made against UT Arlington told him it could be a good night. EVANSTON, Ill. -- After missing all of last season following shoulder surgery, Vic Law has returned like someone looking to make up for lost time.Law scored a career-high 26 points -- his second straight game establishing a new mark -- to lead Northwestern to an 86-72 victory over Eastern Washington Monday night in a Legends Classic opening-round game.Law, who had 19 points in the season opener, was 7-for-13 from the field.I just thought he played with great confidence, coach Chris Collins said. I really liked how he attacked the basket.Law, a 6-7 redshirt sophomore, was expected to be one of the Wildcats top players this season, though Collins wasnt sure what to expect at the start.I know hes really good, but I was a little apprehensive, the coach said. Its not easy sitting out a year and jumping right back in.Bryant McIntosh had 18 points and Scottie Lindsey and Dererk Pardon each added 12 as Northwestern improved to 2-0.Bogdan Bliznyuk led Eastern Washington (1-1) with 25 points on 10-for-18 shooting. He had 20 points on 8-for-13 shooting in the first half.Jacob Wiley added 19 points on 8-for-11 shooting for the Eagles.Bliznyuk had four points and took only three shots in the season-opening win over Division III Linfield.Northwestern quickly jumped out to a 15-point lead (24-9) less than nine minutes into the game and it appeared a second straight blow out was in order following the 94-63 opening win over Mississippi Valley State.But Eastern fought back and pulled within 42-36 in the final minute of the first half. The Eagles were wiithin six points (53-47) early in the second half, but that was as close as they would get -- although Northwestern never was able to open a comfortable margin. Womens Nike Shox Clearance. Im really pleased with how we played, Eastern coach Jim Hayford said. I wish we could have played the first 10 minutes like we played the last 30 minutes.We definitely leave here with great respect for Northwestern, and I think we earned some respect from them as well.SHARP SHOOTINGAfter going 1-for-7 from the free-throw line in the opener, Law was 9-for-10 on Monday.I think the first game I missed all the free throws so I could set a new career high tonight, he said jokingly.BIG PICTUREEWU: The Eagles were picked to finish fifth in the Big Sky in a preseason poll of media covering the conference following last season 18-16 finish. If nothing else, this is a scrappy bunch that played physical on both ends and refused to quit after falling behind early on the road against a Power 5 conference team.Northwestern: Although the season is only two games old, Law clearly has emerged as the Wildcats best player. The redshirt sophomore, who missed all of last season following shoulder surgery, has the versatile game and athleticism to be a threat every night.UP NEXTEastern Washington plays at Texas on Thursday in a game thats also a part of the Legends Classic.Following a pair of home wins, Northwestern plays its first road game Wednesday at Butler. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '