I know how important it is to | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
MJL456
MJL456 Dec 6
HOUSTON -- For a second time in three games, the Houston Astros relied on late-inning offense to lead the way to victory, with their 10-9 win Friday night squaring their series with the Oakland Athletics in improbable fashion. Pink Air Max 90 Online .The Astros (47-40) went from three runs ahead entering the ninth inning to trailing by two runs entering their final at-bat before third baseman Luis Valbuena continued what has been a torrid homestand with his third upper-deck homer this week, a walk-off, three-run shot off Athletics closer Ryan Madson.For Valbuena, it was his 12th home run this season -- all since May 7. He finished 3-for-5 with four RBI and after being below the Mendoza Line as late as May 22, Valbuena is batting .328 with 10 homers and 26 RBI in the 39 games since.I love the way he conducts his at-bats, Astros manager A.J. Hinch said of Valbuena. Even his empty at-bats are usually inside the strike zone, they are battled over a number of pitches. And hes been doing this for a while. This isnt like a good homestand or a good stretch. This is a good player whos found a comfort zone where he feels good at the plate.Thanks in large part to Valbuena the Astros are in position to earn at least a series split with a win on Saturday. Right-hander Lance McCullers (4-2, 3.57 ERA) will make his third career start against the Athletics, against whom he is 1-0 with a 2.31 ERA. On June 5, McCullers allowed two runs on eight hits and three walks with nine strikeouts in seven innings in a 5-2 win over Oakland.In his previous start, McCullers recorded 10 strikeouts against the Mariners and joined right-handers Don Wilson and Tom Griffin as the only pitchers in club history with four double-digit strikeouts games in their first 31 starts. Per ESPN.com, McCullers induced a career-high 18 swings-and-misses on his curveball, the second-most by any pitcher on that pitch in the past eight seasons behind A.J. Burnett (23 in 2013).Athletics right-hander Kendall Graveman (4-6, 4.57 ERA) is 3-0 with a 3.63 ERA over his last seven starts, his three-game winning streak matching a career high set June 24-July 4, 2015. Graveman has allowed just two home runs during his streak (0.45 per nine innings) after allowing 10 over his first nine starts of the season (1.91 per nine).Graveman, 3-3 with a 5.72 ERA in 10 road starts, is 1-1 with a 6.91 ERA in three career appearances (all starts) against the Astros. He did not factor in the decision in his only start against Houston this season, allowing five runs on seven hits and one walk with one strikeout over 4 1/3 innings in a 6-5 Athletics loss on June 4 at Minute Maid Park.The Athletics (37-50) are hopeful Graveman can provide the momentum right-hander Daniel Mengden failed to deliver on Friday night. After a promising start, Mengden collapsed in the fifth inning in what was his first professional start in his hometown.Mengden, a product of Houston Westside High School and Texas A&M, had more than 100 friends and family at the game. A former Astros farmhand, Mengden played with current Astros Carlos Correa, Lance McCullers and A.J. Reed in the minors. He took a deflected line drive off the chest in the fourth inning.Those are always nerve-wracking, Mengden said. Never fun. One of the fears of a pitcher is to have one come at your head or body like that. Maybe it affected me, maybe it didnt. I dont know. Red Womens Air Max 90 . Ancelotti says Ronaldo has recovered from a hamstring injury but "but he doesnt feel comfortable yet so we wont risk him." Madrid is third in the Spanish league, six points behind leader Barcelona, going into Saturdays game against Valladolid. White Air Max 90 2018 . -- Charlie Graham stopped 67 shots as the Belleville Bulls edged the visiting Guelph Storm 6-5 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action. http://www.cheapairmax90discount.com/ . The catch: It needs a lot of money, and it needs it fast. STILLWATER, Okla. -- Jawun Evans scored 34 points and Oklahoma State beat Campbell 102-65 on Friday night, giving head coach Brad Underwood a win in his Cowboys debut.Evans, who was named the Big 12 Freshman of the Year last season despite missing the final 10 games with a shoulder injury, had 26 points at halftime and finished 11 for 18 from the field, with six rebounds, three assists and five steals.Just taking what they give me, Evan said of his big night. My teammates put me in a better spot. I just tried to pick us up and get us rolling. Just a great night for us. We started out kind of slow. As a team, we got some key guys come in and pick up the defense.Sixth-year senior Phil Forte, who missed all but the first three games of last year with an elbow injury, and Jeffrey Carroll each scored 22 points for Oklahoma State (1-0).Freshman Cameron McGriff had 13 rebounds in his college debut and Carroll, both coming off the bench, added nine.I thought our bench was absolutely huge tonight, Underwood said. When you get one point (combined) from three starters, thats going to be problematic most nights. Were going to work to continue our depth and thats something, the way we play, weve got to have depth. I think you saw what a toll it can take on opposing teams. Were going to take them out of their offense.Underwood joined the Cowboys after compiling an 89-14 record -- including two NCAA tournament victories -- over three seasons at Stephen F. Austin. He won the Southland Conference Coach of the Year award each season.Chris Clemons scored 17 points to lead Campbell (0-1).BIG PICTURECampbell: Clemons, the Big South Freshman of the Year last season, is a special talent. He controlled the game for stretches of the first half and had 13 points in the first 11 minutes. And although he wound up shooting just 5-of-18, Clemons was impressive, sinking ffour 3-pointers. Grey Air Max 90 2018. He also came out of the contest twice after getting hurt, but returned both times.Oklahoma State started a bit clunkily, missing its first five shots, and had moments of sloppiness, committing 12 turnovers in the first half and 15 overall. But in their first game under Underwood, the Cowboys also had moments of explosiveness, especially from Evans and Forte.I think this was a very typical first game, there were a lot of sloppy things that happened, Underwood said. I thought our effort was very good. Weve got a lot of things to work on.TURNING POINTAfter a 10-0 run capped off by Andrew Eudys steal and subsequent layup, Campbell led 30-26 with 7:59 remaining in the first half. Evans then scored the next nine points in less than a minute as part of a 13-0 run that put Oklahoma State ahead to stay. The Cowboys completed a 26-3 stretch when Carrolls tap-in with 2:34 left in the half put OSU up 52-33. During that stretch, Campbell missed nine consecutive shots, scoring just three free throws over a six-minute span.HE SAID ITIm a pretty emotional person, Underwood said of his first game at OSU. I thought a lot today about walking into that building for the first time when it really counts and how much that means to me, and Ive had a long journey. The journey has made this special. Ive been blessed from that standpoint. I know how important basketball is at Oklahoma State; I know how great its been. I know how important it is to fans. That means so much to me.UP NEXTCampbell returns home to the newly-renovated Gore Arena in Buies Creek, North Carolina, for its home opener on Tuesday against Bridgewater.Oklahoma State remains at home over the weekend and will take on Central Arkansas on Monday. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '